It is in most cases very difficult to know what the best anti wrinkle cream available in the market today is. One common way of determining the best anti wrinkle cream is by looking at the ingredients that have been used to produce it. There are key ingredients that are the active ingredients in anti wrinkle creams. Users therefore have to determine whether these ingredients are present. Looking for the best anti wrinkle cream involves a lot of research on the side of the patient. You should also determine whether you are allergic to any of the ingredients contained in the anti wrinkle cream.
People always try to get rid of wrinkles on their skins in a bid to look even younger. Wrinkles appear because of ageing. Naturally, the skin wears out which causes the appearance of wrinkles on the skin.
Some ingredients to look for include
• Retinol: this is a vitamin A compound. It is a powerful antioxidant usually used to manufacture anti wrinkle creams in the modern age. It works to neutralize the harmful radicals in the skin. The free radical break down the skin cells. Retinal destroys them thereby preventing any further damage to the skin. it also increases the production of collagen whose levels decrease with old age. Collagen helps to improve the skin’s firmness and builds new skin cells. Retinol is therefore a very important ingredient that should be contained in anti wrinkle creams.
• Hyaluronic acid: this occurs naturally in the skin as you age. However, the amount gradually decreases as you age. It is put in anti wrinkle creams to boost its levels in the skin. It widely used in anti wrinkle creams as a moisturizer because of its ability to retain water in the skin.
• Coenzyme Q10: this compound also occurs in the skin naturally but its levels decrease with old age. Once the levels drop, the skin can no longer produce collagen and elastin. Other important nutrients are also not produced. These nutrients help in neutralizing the free radicals that cause damage to the skin. This affects the health of the skin. This enzyme is used in anti wrinkle creams so that it can promote the production of collagen so that the skin is able to repair itself. It also contains antioxidant properties that help in preventing damage to the skin caused the sun’s harmful rays.
• Tea extracts: these are antioxidants that are well known and they contain all the vital nutrients and oils that are required by the skin to nourish it. It also increases the production of collagen. Tea extracts are rich in vitamins that help the skin to rejuvenate itself. It also helps in improving the skin’s elasticity. They greatly help in reducing the fine lines and wrinkles that appear on the surface of the skin, giving you smooth and soft skin. It is believed that tea extracts help in neutralizing the free radicals. It also helps in nourishing the skin.
• Vitamin C: this also an antioxidant that works to protect the skin from damage caused by the sun’s rays. It is for this reason that anti wrinkle creams containing vitamin C, should be stored away from sunlight and air.