In the previous years, orthodontic treatment was carried out with the help of dental braces, which were not only unsightly, but they also severe discomfort and soft tissue trauma to the wearer. In fact, one of the major reasons patients avoided getting their teeth straightened with braces was due to the unaesthetic appearance of the braces as well as their tendency to cause tissue damage. What if you could get your teeth straightened, without causing any discomfort or disturbing your smile? Yes, this is possible. With the Invisalign aligners, which are transparent and barely visible, you get to keep your beautiful smile throughout the duration of the orthodontic treatment.
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign simply stands for invisible aligners, and refer to the orthodontic appliances just like the retainers, which are made of acrylic. Since they are made up of a transparent acrylic, they are barely visible to the observer, and are hence, superior in esthetics when compared with the dental braces. The good news is that the Invisalign technology is available almost everywhere. Just visit your local dentists in Claremont, California and get started with the treatment right away.
What Is The Procedure?
• Digital Impressions – gone are the days when impressions of the oral cavity were taken by placing a tray filled with an impression material into the mouth. This technique not only did not allow the required accuracy of the impression, but also caused significant discomfort to the patient. For Invisalign aligners, your dentist will make a digital impression of your oral structures by placing an intra-oral camera.
• Treatment Planning – the 3D digital impression of your mouth is then fed into a software, with the help of which, your dentist chalks out a customized treatment that is precisely based on your individual case.
• Fabrication of Invisalign Aligners – the digital impression and the required design of the aligners is then sent to the dental lab for fabrication. The aligners are designed in such a way that they exert a suitable amount of pressure onto the teeth, thereby carrying out the required tooth alignment. Patients wear the first set of aligners for about two weeks, and then they are provided with aligners once the previous aligner has served its purpose. In this way, the patient sequentially switches to a new set of aligners after every two weeks, until the desired results are achieved.
Advantages of Invisalign
• Minimal Effects on Facial Esthetics – while the braces significantly disturb the facial esthetics with their metallic appearance, the Invisalign aligners do not have any effect on your facial appearance as well as your smile.
• Easy to clean – cleaning dental appliances cannot get any simpler than this. Now you don’t have to spend your time cleaning your braces with the interdental brush and the floss every time you eat. Simply brush your aligners with lukewarm water, and you’re good to go!
• No Tissue Damage – while the orthodontic braces possess a tendency to cause soft tissue trauma during speech, mastication and especially during contact sports, the Invisalign clear aligners can be worn during sports without the fear of damaging your soft tissues.
• Enjoy your Food, Anytime, Anywhere! – eating your food becomes difficult with the braces, let alone enjoying it. In addition, patients cannot eat sticky foods or candies due to fears of detachment of the braces. Now with these removable appliances, you can enjoy any food you like. Simply remove the aligners before you eat, and enjoy your food! However, don’t forget to clean them before wearing them again.
How to Use the Invisalign Aligners?
Unlike the orthodontic braces, which are fixe appliance, the Invisalign aligners are removable. Hence, their efficacy is dependent upon the duration for which they are worn during the day. However, they should be removed while eating, and cleaned with lukewarm water before putting them back on.
What is The Duration of Treatment?
The duration of treatment usually depends upon the severity of the case as well as the extent of the patient’s adherence to the dentist’s instructions. However, for the treatment of a mild to moderate case, 12-18 months might be required, depending upon the patient’s compliance.
Is the Treatment Costly?
Yes, the treatment is slightly more costly than the convention therapy with braces. However, considering their advantages, such as their comfort and esthetics, the higher expense of this treatment is a very smile price to pay.
What is the Age Limit for Invisalign Therapy?
Although the ideal age for any type of orthodontic treatment is during the early teens, when the growth and development of the body are at their peak, and tooth movement and bone remodeling is easy, there is no need for the elder patients to lose hope. With the help of Invisalign, your Dentists in Claremont, California is well trained to provide orthodontic treatment to elder patients as well!
Considering to get your teeth straightened? So you what are you waiting for? Book an appointment with your Claremont Dentists, and get amazed with the miraculous results of the Invisalign orthodontic treatment appliances at http://www.nicholasgihdds.com/